- Basic Obligatory Insurance
Basic Obligatory Insurance, which covers collision, roll over and damages to third parties and property (C.D.W). In case of damages to third parties, the Instituto Nacional de Seguros indicates that the deductible amount as stipulated in the clauses is calculated in 20% of the total damages caused to other people's property.
-Supplemental Insurance with Zero Deductible
Supplemental Insurance with zero deductible. This insurance has an additional cost of US $10.00 for any compact car and USD $12.00 for any 4x4 (except Toyota Prado, Patrol and Pathfinder for 7 passengers that is US $15.00, besides the obligatory insurance. This only applies to reservations made with a minimum rental period of three days or longer and a minimum age of 25.
-Restrictions on Supplemental Insurance with Zero Deductible
- Loss of keys, tools, detachable radio front panel.
- Accidents or damages caused to the car due to careless driving, traffic infractions, driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs, along areas inaccessible to cars (rivers, beaches, swamps, or similar places); the car being driven by someone who is not authorized under the Rental - Contract terms; it does not cover assistance or travel expenses in case of damaged tires, lost keys, discharged batteries for leaving the lights on, car change in case of accident, towing or rescue expenses.
- Leaving the car in unsafe conditions, in lonely places that facilitate car THEFT.
- ZERO DEDUCTIBLE does not cover 20% of damages caused to other people’s property in case the customer has an at-fault accident.
-Third Party Property Damage Insurance.
This insurance has a cost of $3 daily and EXEMPTS the renter or additional driver authorized in the rental contract, having a collision and causing damages to other people’s property, FROM ALL CIVIL LIABILITY.
-Personal Accident Insurance. (PAI)
Mapache Rent a Car ® offers you this personal insurance that covers medical expenses when driving the authorized car, and suffering damages due to a traffic accident while inside the car, for a $3 daily fee, covering an amount of ¢3.000.000 (or US $ equivalent at current rate) in medical expenses, in the medical facilities of the Instituto Nacional de Seguros, or in the facilities assigned by this institution. In case of death due to a road traffic accident, the coverage pays up to ¢1.000.000 (or US $ equivalent at current rate).
PAI DOES NOT COVER: in case of driving under the influence of alcohol or any other drugs.
- Credit Card Insurance.
Auto Rental CDW Programs offered by major card issuers are accepted in Mapache Rent a Ca ®r.
- The amount of insurance coverage has to be mentioned